Low cost airline Mango this week launched its third app, this time for all devices operating Microsoft‘s Windows 8.1 operating system. In celebration of the app launch, the airline has made Windows exclusive fares available from R 1 for a limited time.
Mango was the first African airline to offer a mobi-site and apps allowing bookings, payment and flight management on the go. The Mango app is available for download in all app stores for Android, Apple, Blackberry and Windows 8.1 devices.
“œThe release of the Windows app sees Mango come full circle in terms of major mobile platform availability,“ says spokesperson Hein Kaiser. “œA core business value of Mango has always been accessibility to our market and Mango holds the widest distribution and payment method network in domestic aviation.“ The airline pioneered retail of flights through supermarkets through Shoprite Checkers Money Market Counters and remains the only airline in the world to accept store charge cards (Edgars and Jet) online and through its apps. To date Mango‘s apps on other platforms continues to enjoy thousands of new downloads every month and stands at more than half a million downloads in total.
Maria Thomson, Apps Marketing and Merchandising Manager, Microsoft added, “œThe inclusion of the Mango app for Windows devices is an indication that our app ecosystem is growing and that Microsoft contributes significantly to local app development. And it is always exciting to be able to add value to users‘ lives which is exactly what the R 1 flights offer does.“
“œThe new Mango Windows app will offer Windows users the same rich experience with simplicity and ease of use at the core of its design,“ says Kaiser, who also indicates that the airline will continue to work with Microsoft to enhance and further develop innovative ideas. “œTechnology as a business enablement tool stretches across every aspect of our business; from bringing Mango closer to our Guests through social media channels through to retail applications such as mobile bookings. It is our intent to pursue innovation across the airline.“
The R 1 sale is exclusively available through the Mango app on the Windows 8.1 platform and on sale until 31 May 2015 for travel until end June 2015.
Terms and Conditions:
- 10 000 seats available on selected flights on a first come, first served basis
- No group bookings available on promotional fares
- Refunds on promotional fares must be requested in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special events, long weekends (Fridays and return Sundays) and peak flights are excluded
- Can only be booked via Mango WINDOWS MOBI application. Download the apps from the Windows and Windows Phone Stores
- Mango App only available on Windows & Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Not available through Call Centre, website or any other channel
- Selling period : 1 May ““ 31 May 2015
- Travel period : 1 May ““ 30 Jun 2015
- Return bookings only of which only 1 sector can be R1.00/ No combination of any other promotional fare, 2ND sector will be on published fare
- Same rule will apply when booking Adult , Child or Infant
- R1.00 Base fare only excluding any taxes / Normal taxes will apply on all R1.00 fare bookings
- Mango normal names / booking changes fees will apply
- Lumia Living Community Terms and Conditions
- Mango‘s Terms and Conditions
- Call center South Africa: 086 100 1234