HP today extends its business tablet portfolio to SA with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve â€”a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform to a convertible design, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by a third-generation Intel Core processor and optimised for Windows 8, the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility to quickly switch to a tablet with a touch-enabled display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
â€œEmployees want computing devices that work the way they doâ€”flexibly and able to adapt to any situation,â€ said Â Yesh Surjoodeen, Country Computing Category Manager, PPS, South Africa, HP.Â â€œHP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design theyâ€™ll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT.â€
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultra-mobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HPâ€™s line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD display packed into a 3.04 lb/1.4 kg design allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.Â
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.Â
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.
- 3G connectivity, USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC for secure on-the-go productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology.