HP today extends its business tablet portfolio to SA with the announcement of its next-generation convertible tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve “”a touch-enabled notebook that pivots to let users share their work and folds to go mobile as a tablet.
With the ability to transform to a convertible design, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for business customers who require both an ultrathin notebook and a touch-enabled tablet. Driven by a third-generation Intel Core processor and optimised for Windows 8, the HP EliteBook Revolve offers the performance and visuals of a full-power notebook alongside the flexibility to quickly switch to a tablet with a touch-enabled display.
HP also released a new HP Multi-Tablet Charging Module which quickly and easily charges and stores up to 10 tablet PCs with just one power outlet. Suitable for a range of different work environments, the module secures all docked tablets with a locking mechanism and a keyed lock on the fold-back doors.
“œEmployees want computing devices that work the way they do“”flexibly and able to adapt to any situation,“ said Yesh Surjoodeen, Country Computing Category Manager, PPS, South Africa, HP. “œHP is committed to ensuring its Elite portfolio of tablet solutions will provide customers the features their employees need for maximum productivity, with a design they‘ll be proud to carry everywhere they go, all without sacrificing the enterprise services and protection that take the headache away from IT.“
With a touch-enabled display that pivots to let users share their work or revolves and folds to go ultra-mobile as a tablet, the HP EliteBook Revolve is designed for busy enterprise environments. Representing the ninth generation of HP‘s line of convertible tablets, it has all the tools needed to get the job done, including:
- Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8 Pro for a familiar PC experience with the intuitive experience of touch, all driven by the latest Intel processors.
- An 11.6-inch diagonal HD display packed into a 3.04 lb/1.4 kg design allows for mobile freedom without sacrificing performance.
- Automatic adjustments to screen orientation, brightness and more based on position, as well as a full-sized, backlit keyboard and optional pen.
- A 720p HD4 camera, dual-microphone array, DTS Studio Sound and included CyberLink YouCam software enable easy face-to-face communication and the creation of HD web videos.
- Premium materials, including durable, scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and an all-magnesium chassis.
- Enterprise-class docking capabilities for simple connectivity to a display, keyboard, mouse, additional ports or printer.
- 3G connectivity, USB 3.0, DisplayPort and secure NFC for secure on-the-go productivity, plus enterprise-class, common docking capabilities for full connectivity at the office.
- Enterprise-class components and solid-state drive options up to 256 GB with Intel Rapid Start Technology.